Thursday 11 May 2017

Thabile becomes a mentee with Women in MICE

The ladies at Fizz Marketing are always looking to learn and grow in all area of their lives, and it's no different with Thabile Mdletshe, who has been with the company for more than a decade.

Thabile and her mentor, Fatima Omar


Thabile recently signed up as a mentee with the Women in MICE (Meetings Incentives Conferences Exhibitions) Mentorship Program. The process started at an Orientation Day where mentees and mentors got together to get a clear understanding of the roles expected of both a mentor and mentee. This was followed by a keynote address by Zipho Sikhakhane, a successful speaker, writer, facilitator, and investor who has given a TEDx Talk in the US – herself a believer in the value of mentoring relationships.

There was then a speed networking session where each mentee got to meet with all the mentors so that they could get a better feel for who they would prefer to have assigned as a mentor. Thabile was delighted that Fatima Omar was her selected mentor and they then completed a “planning our relationship” document and signed a code of conduct.

"I am also always striving to do my job as best I can and improve all the time while learning." says Thabile and I am hoping that with Fatima’s experience that she will guide me to advance in my personal and professional growth. I am excited about this journey as it is very important that I always give my all to everything I do and I look forward to having Fatima enable me to grow.

We wish Thabile the best of luck with the program!



No comments:

Post a Comment